Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Balls!

It appears the entire contingent of Sun columnists is flogging the same horse - this notion that the Conservatives' problem was that they were insufficiently able to distract the electorate from the fact that many of them are, well, conservatives.

Neil Waugh points directly at Ralph; Paul Jackson (simmer down pal) has the tar and feathers out.

The normally sensible Greg Weston:
Months ago, a wise Tory political strategist summed up the electoral prospects of the new Conservative Party as follows: "If we can make the election about them (the Liberals), we may have a chance. If it is about us, we are dead."

I see no possibility for improvement in the next election if this remains the conventional wisdom in the CPC. There is a better way.

UPDATE 2:37PM: The Western Standard, and its blog Shotgun, are a little on the smug & righteous side for me (an honor generally reserved for Mansbridge & friends). However, I see Paul Tuns has correctly interpreted the election results in five clear sentences. I couldn't have said it better myself, and in fact, I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home