Friday, September 17, 2004

Chuck E. Fargin' Cheese

As recently as two years ago, I would never had considered that I might one day take great pleasure in reading about the daily minutiae of an anal-retentive stay-at-home father of an only child.

But, life changes, and then I came across James Lileks. I have boys, and wouldn't know the difference between a My Little Pony and a Pound Puppy, but if I mentally substitute "Hot Wheels" for every Pony reference, I end up nodding vigorously through every anecdote.

On the whole, it would be inaccurate to describe myself as a kindred spirit, but damn, is stuff like this great:
Also bought a candle that gives off the scent of firewood, and I think it says something about the rarified and idle nature of my lucky life when I say ā€œIā€™m really looking forward to seeing how it smells when I light it.ā€ But I am. And this from a guy whose apartment once smelled like a Budweiser Clydesdale lost bladder control. Well, marriage will do that to you.

This is where my life is headed, and frankly, I've made my peace.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone mention Chuck E Cheese?

http://www.thinkingparents.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1629

Ugh. Never again.

-- Sean (www.polspy.ca)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home