Thursday, October 07, 2004

An adventure!

I just quit my job, without having another one lined up. Considering I have two kids, and a wife who looks after them full-time, it may qualify as the most irresponsible thing I've ever done in my life. Luckily, I have some difficult-to-access savings in the mid-four figures!

That said, it was not done in the heat of the moment, and my extended family is behind me. For the next while, I'll either be posting a lot more, or a lot less.

If you do prayers, I'd appreciate one.

Good times.

6 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Congratulations(?).

I don't do prayers, but I'll wish you all the best in your adventure.

- Jass

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Been there, done that Jerry. You can't steal second with your foot on first. Good on you for taking a risk. It'll all work out.

And yes, I'll say a little prayer on the off chance you'll need some outside intervention.

Cheers!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Hang in there, brotha.

Not sure what kind of Eng. you do, but if you want I can keep my ear to the ground for opportunities in my evil corporation...

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger The Monger said...

Not sure how much I can offer on the "prayer" front, but I can say good luck to you, Jerry. You might consider moving out here to the Wet Coast--not because there's necessarily any Engineering jobs out here, but because B.C. needs more sensible people!

best wishes,

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger jc said...

Risk is its own reward...Prayers as required but also take in the really big picture while you have the chance. Do you like what you are doing? Could you spend a couple of years training up to the next level? Or switching careers entirely?

It is a great time to do the adventure.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Sean McCormick said...

I take my hat off to you, sir. I've been struggling with the temptation to quit my own job and take a shot at full-time photography. Haven't found the courage for that yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home