Tuesday, October 12, 2004

En-TOO-siasm

Thanks to all of you who passed on an encouraging word regarding my decision to risk my family's well-being on somewhat uncertain grounds. Doom-mongering and sarcasm aside, I am 100% certain I did the right thing, and I'm psyched to jump into the water and sink, swim, or preferably, jet-ski.

I've had lots of relevant words of wisdom passed my way since Thursday. (Is there a Chicken Soup for the Unemployed? There's an opportunity right there!) I have updated my banner quote with one of these pearls, which wasn't aimed at me, but which I felt summed up my present attitude as well as anything.

I should still be posting periodically over the next couple of weeks, while I finish up my transition to my colleagues, secure some short-term contract work, and get paid out by the Corp. At that point, I hope to jazz this place up a little bit, and most likely, start existing under my actual real name.

(If you can't wait, it's Harvey Honkerhill. ssshhhh.....)

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger The Monger said...

I note the sly Sesame Street reference. My guess is that you listen to the alphabet-song tape even more than I do.
Cheers

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Matt said...

My name is Alice, Ann, or Aldini...and my name begins with the sound of the letter A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home