Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Shame

Longtime Jean Chretien fart-catcher Kinsella has bullied Damian Brooks into deleting a post he wrote. Brooks had taken Kinsella to task for what he basically characterized as meaningless crocodile tears over the death of Chris Saunders.

I'm one of Damian's fellow dilettantes, and expect I would have reacted the same way as him - not worth the risk to defend such an obvious point. However, I fail to see how "You were part of the problem" and "Shut the hell up" are defamatory. I find it amazing that someone with so much time in politics has such unbelievably thin skin. I guess we've found the one moral difference between Kinsella and Chretien - Kinsella has a problem when his shortcomings are articulated. What the hell would have happened if he was elected in Vancouver in '97?

Chretien, I think of more in terms of this Michael Douglas line from The American President: "Are you under the impression that I'm mad at you, Sydney? Rarely does a day go by when I'm not burned in effigy!"

Shame on Kinsella. If he doesn't like people challenging what he writes, he should probably quit Musing. Damian's retraction is very dignified, and spot-on: "His actions speak louder than my words."

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Thanks Jerry, you're a stand-up guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home