Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Sidebar updates

Long overdue: I've added a few more links on the sidebar to some web-based commenters I've been enjoying, mostly via other people's blogrolls.

* Bruce Gottfred at Autonomous Source - consistently intelligent and insightful. Besides coming up with my favourite line so far on the trans-fat ban, he pointed me to The World, which (A) is fascinating, and (B) seems like the set-up for a Vince Vaughn-Ben Stiller movie.

* Jim Treacher at Mother, May I Sleep With Treacher? - despite laughing my ass off at Protein Wisdom and IMAO, I voted this for Best Humor Blog. Most people, I believe, were introduced to Treacher when he was, uh, needling Dan Rather; yesterday he was abusing Joe Don Baker, most recently in the news for threatening physical violence against the makers of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

* Alan at Occam's Carbuncle - another smart guy. He's having the same inner turmoil as me about the Conservative Party of Canada. He's keeping us safe from bears. And if you're reading this Alan, I hope this clears things up about Spalding and Judge Smails (about 2/3 of the way down).

* The Shotgun - I frequently feel like I should enjoy it more than I do, but there are some excellent contributors, including the staff. One suggestion to the editors would be to put those "Read More >>>" links on the longer posts; call me lazy, but I dislike having to scroll through thousands of words of Spector's (good) work to find even very recent entries.

* Ann Coulter - what can I say? I think she'd better if she didn't furiously alternate between serious and joking dozens of times per column, but she's a good read.

* And Instapundit - you may have heard of him, I think he's a lawyer or something. I guess that means I need to go have a drink.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Alan said...

It's clearly time for me to see Caddyshack again.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Obviously! Because the appropriate comment there is, "Thank you very little."

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Bruce Gottfred said...

Hey, thanks for the link. You pulled me from the shameful status of a flappy bird back into the respectful adorable little rodent club. I'm much obliged.

And "consistently intelligent and insightful"? My high school english teacher would be be astonished...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home