Saturday, May 21, 2005

If you don't like it, move to Canada

Gene Healy, discussing smoking bans in bars, has a great take (btw, "Lisa" represents the person who always pops up in these arguments with how much better her hair smells when the bar is non-smoking):
I don't take politics too seriously. Really. I can have calm, polite discussions with people about whether the state should seize my property to add a parking lot to Walmart or whether we should bomb innocent foreigners simply because we can achieve good results by doing so, and I generally don't personalize it. But I think I'm congenitally incapable of sober argument with a despicable harpy with a boundless sense of entitlement like "Lisa." No further argument should be needed, beyond "this is America. We can smoke in bars here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home