Sunday, May 08, 2005

Radically stupid, but essentially S.O.P.

Paul Wells, on the Martin-McGuinty "negotiations"(?):
This is a radically stupid way to do federalism. I just thought I'd point that out.

Pithy, and as he tends to be on the subject of federalism, correct (although we probably have our differences as to the fixes).

I wish I'd written more about this in the past 11 months. Let's set aside for a moment the question of whether it's wise to have governments involved in so much stuff (or to put it Jardine's way, I'm going to argue on the enemy's premises). Why does it cost so much, and why aren't problems being solved?

The most important answer to these questions is that, in too many areas, neither level of government is clearly responsible enough for the program for we citizens to know who's accountable, and thus demand satisfaction.

My look at this, as it pertains to the health care system, is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home