Monday, June 13, 2005

Tunes, man

I really don't mind these games at all; I find it interesting to learn what other people are into. Like just about everyone though, I assume most others feel the opposite, so I'm reluctant to keep the meme moving. To the task at hand:

1) How many music files are there on your computer?

None. When I'm trying to block out the world while I'm at the computer, it's NBA.com audio, or more recently, MLB.com. I bought the NBA subscription in late October, as a nod to the lack of NHL. $35 US, you get the Home & Away radio feeds for every game all year. If anyone cares, I wouldn't recommend it, but I would recommend the baseball package (only $15 US). I found it tough to get used to basketball on the radio - I think because I had trouble keeping track of the score. Baseball lends itself a lot better to background noise.

2) What was the last CD you bought?

A Bing Crosby Christmas, in December. Other than that, I don't remember the last CD I bought that wasn't a gift. At least 3 years ago.

3) What song do you have playing in iTunes?

What's iTunes?

4) What 5 songs mean a lot to you?

As you might gather from the answers above, of all the popular contemporary art forms, music just doesn't mean much to me or my life. But here's 5 Aldini favourites:
  • What's My Name, Snoop Doggy Dogg - profane in absolutely the most delightful way
  • Knee Deep, George Clinton (& the various P-Funk All-Stars, plus Digital Underground in this version) -- I just feel cool listening to the Grandmaster of Funk. This is also the last concert act I saw, and almost certainly the only concert I ever paid more than $20 for that I thought was worth every penny and more.
  • Enter Sandman, Metallica -- did I mention I was a Sci '95?
  • You Don't Know How It Feels, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers -- my favourite overall artist amongst those who have been performing most of my lifetime. U2 can suck it.
  • The Statue Got Me High, They Might Be Giants -- gives me pleasant flashbacks to the Kingston days. Anything from Flood or Apollo 13 will do, really.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I'm down with the Snoop selection but this:

"Enter Sandman"

[shakes head in disgust]

...meant the *end* of Metallica for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home