Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Expoundment from the unworthy

Obviously, I'm having a little trouble getting going again here. I've read lots of good stuff over the past week, but it hasn't translated into prolific and clever web-logging.

There is something to be said for the power of momentum, though, so I think it's wise to just start.

I hope you all read Billy Beck, and I really don't care if the fascination is intellectual or morbid. Two recent posts are worth noting. One:
You know the old saw about "is the glass half-full or half-empty"? It kills me to watch people batting that thing around as if they hold some truth for the ages in their little front-porch rocking-chair philosophy. It never occurs to them to consider that it turns on the matter of whether one is pouring or drinking.

And two:
"I never liked any of you sonsofbitches, but I always wished I could have."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home