Thursday, September 15, 2005

Damn, I love the Sports Guy's Mailbag

Today's highlight (I've seen the movie at least a dozen times):
For "best slow clap," I feel somewhat betrayed by the fact that a self-confessed "Can't Buy Me Love" fan would neglect to mention Big John's inspired slow clap following Ronnie Miller's passionate lunchtime speech to Quint. I imagine I feel somewhat like Kenneth did after he caught Ronnie in the net on Halloween. I'm going to the arcade now to play a motorbike racing game.
-- Mike, Chicago

This one was pretty good too, the topic being "meeting a big star, and congratulating them on a very old and/or embarrassing role":
When I was in LA, I was at a bar watching the early morning Sunday games (West Coast people drinking beers at 9 a.m. waiting for football. Really good) and Leo DiCaprio was there. We went over to him and told him he was "Phenomenal in Growing Pains." The look of death was priceless. Even better by the next line. I said to my buddy "I can't believe we're meeting Kirk Cameron!"
-- Crash, New York

That's got to be made up.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Ok, I'll fess up to having watched CBML on numerous occasions. How did that movie keep winding up on my tv screen?

A "slow clap" reset -- now that is just frickin' genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home